Moose, The Family Fraternity
An international organization of men and women, dedicated to caring for the young and old, bringing communities closer together and celebrating life.
| "No man stands so tall and straight as when he stoops to lift up a child"|
-James J Davis
- Loyal Order of Moose for men, founded in 1888 in Louisville, Kentucky; re-organized in 1906 under the leadership of future U.S. Sen. James J. Davis.
- Women of the Moose, founded in 1913 as an auxiliary organization, now considered an integral unit of the Order.
- Nonsectarian and nonpolitical
- Roughly 2,000 lodges in the United States, Canada, Bermuda and Great Britain, and total membership of nearly 1 million.
- Women of the Moose membership exceeds 500,000 in more than 1,600 chapters.
- International headquarters at Mooseheart, Illinois, USA.